Friday, August 26, 2016

Learning to Play an Instrument, While Working on My Stories



I'm learning how to play the ukulele and it's been a lot of fun. It also inspires me to work on my manuscripts and story ideas. There has been studies shown, that music helps the brain develop new
neuron transmitters, increase retaining memory, healthy brain function and boost serotonin levels making a person happier.

Wailing away on my  ukulele, regardless of the mixed up cord changes, losing the beat while strumming up and down is all worth it, while I hammer away on my graphic novel. Especially that project that has left me at more dead ends with the characters. Playing an instrument, isn't just a fun thing to do, but has helped me find the path through my literary forest and the characters in my story are now on their way.

So if you have never played an instrument before or haven't picked up one in a while,  try it and see how well your creative side blossoms. Follow the music and watch your creative side sorrow even further.


No comments:

Post a Comment